Hi Marco, I have this “Could not connect to the System Event Notification Service” problem, however, I got it slightly different with everyone else.
- All the services you mentioned above are starting in my Services
- I still have my desktop, not the blue/black background (it happened a little while in the beginning, but immediately changed to my usual desktop). But all of the usual win7 animation (idk how people call it... aero?) are disappeared. My taskbar & folders look like winXP too.
- I do can only choose 'administrator' option in the beginning. But I still need to 'Run as Administrator' when I use windows features like cmd..?
I kinda realized why this problem occurred to me, however I dont know how to fix it. I think it's either :
- I plugged in my old external HD (i havent use it for so long) to backup my files & shutdown my pc with the extHDD still attached
- I plugged in my friend's flashdisk that's either damaged or broken i dont know, because it wouldnt detect in my pc
- Last week I bought a new memory-pc that's apparently incompatible, after several times trial & error (and lots of pc restarting, pick & plug the ram etc) eventually I go back to my old RAM, but there's something a bit wrong with my pc so I decided to use Tuneup utilities to Clean Disk, Clean Registry, Defragment Registry..... all at one go.
I do think after this on I started getting trouble with Startup (i often had to restart twice to simply get into windows) and the Administrator account start showing up even though I never set my user account in the beginning.
And then idk it looks like everything else could be triggered by the external drivers I mentioned above (extHDD & FD)
Do you think I can still use the hotfix tool? or will it make my pc goes worse?